The Hartford Software Engineer - Digital in HARTFORD, Connecticut
Title: Software Engineer - Digital
Location: United States-Connecticut-Hartford
Job Number: 1801575
This is position is for a Full Stack Digital Developer in the Personal Lines digital organization. The Personal Lines development team is passionate for technology and strives to build well architected and innovative solutions for the business. Personal Lines has adopted the Scrum development methodology and core agile engineering practices such as continuous integration and test driven development.
The Personal Lines development team is seeking motivated, results oriented individuals with strong technical skills and technical leadership experience. The responsibilities of Digital Developer include:
• Coordinate between multiple disciplines (Architects, Business Analysts, Project Managers, Customers) developers to design, develop, implement and support complex business solutions.
• Oversee technical deliverables for invest and maintenance projects through the software development life cycle, including validating the completeness of estimates, quality and accuracy of technical designs, build and implementation.
• Proactively address technical issues and risks that could impact project schedule and/or integrity of the application environment.
• Work closely with stakeholders to design and document solutions that align with the business needs and also consistent with the architectural vision.
• Mentor and train project team members (including Sourcing Partners) to enforce development guidelines and best practices
• BS in Computer Science
• 3 years hands on development experience with Java, Mobile frameworks including Bootstrap and AngularJS, JBOSS
• Strong understanding of OOPS concepts and ability to develop detailed application designs using proven industry patterns and best practices
• Thorough understanding and experience using relational databases preferably SQL Server and/or Oracle
• Requires understanding & usage of J2EE technologies like Java Web Services, JMS and JDBC
• Superior organization skills with the ability to simultaneously handle multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Self-motivation with the ability to work independently and in a team setting
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to present confidently before a large audience
• Excellent analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills
• Knowledge of project management methodologies and best practices
• Experience using ACORD based schema/XML is a plus
What Else Can You Tell Me?
The Hartford is committed to the education and growth of our Information Technology Professionals. A number of IT Certifications are available to enhance your career and growth potential. IT Professionals at The Hartford may qualify for a stipend up to $1000 per year for additional certifications
Behaviors at the Hartford
Deliver Outcomes – Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
Operate as a Team Player – Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
Build Strong Partnerships – Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
Strive for Excellence – Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
* NO AGENCIES PLEASE *
Job: Application Development
Primary LocationUnited States-Connecticut-Hartford
Job LevelIndividual Contributor
Education LevelBachelor's Degree (±16 years)
TravelYes, 10 % of the Time
PostingMay 17, 2018, 9:45:49 AM
Remote Worker OptionNo
The Hartford is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, ancestry or citizenship status, genetic information, pregnancy status or any other characteristic protected by law. The Hartford maintains a drug-free workplace and is committed to building inclusion and leveraging diversity.