Rose International INC Engineer in Hartford, Connecticut
Position Title: Engineer
Position Number: 285095
Location: Hartford, CT
Desired Skill Set:
Cisco, Customer Service, DNS, LAN, Troubleshooting, WAN
C2C and STEM-OPT are not available
Only U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. can be considered as W2 candidates.
Title: Infrastructure Engineer
Start Date: 5/14/2018
Duration: 3 Months
Location: Hartford, CT 06155
Job Description: Monitor the Hartford IT global infrastructure. Utilize proactive monitoring solutions to identify trends and proactively avert critical incidents. Work with vendors including AT&T, Verizon, Dimension Data, XO Communications and Carousel. Resolve network related problems. Must have a solid understanding of WAN, LAN, WLAN, MAN and Remote Access technologies. The ideal candidate must have a passion for technology. Outstanding customer service skills required. Strong verbal and written communication skills required. Must multitask successfully. Must be willing to change shifts to cover for team members. This is a full time position overnights with weekend work at the Hartford, Connecticut North Plaza Building.
• Monitor the network utilizing the EMC SMARTS and TrueSight platforms.
• Provide level 2 troubleshooting and support for the Juniper switch infrastructure.
• Provide level 2 troubleshooting and support for the Cisco WAN infrastructure.
• Provide level 2 troubleshooting and support for the Juniper remote worker infrastructure.
• Solid communication and technical skills working with vendors including AT&T and Verizon and vendor partners including IBM, EXL and Cognizant on problems and changes through to resolution.
• Implement DNS and F5 changes.
• Assist with network configuration in support of major projects.
• Assist with moves, adds and changes.
• Be flexible in learning and using network performance tools including Riverbed''s ARX platform.
• Knowledge of BMC BPPM, BMC EUEM a plus.
• Experience with port aggregation boxes such as Apcon a plus.
• Experience with sniffer technology such as WireShark and reading and understanding sniffer traces a plus.
• Cisco and Juniper Certification a plus.
• Communicate network related outages and take part in crisis meetings via conference calls.
• Outstanding customer service skills. Feel comfortable working with customers on the phone or face to face.
• Cross team communication essential.
• Professional communication skills are critical in this position.
• Willingness to learn new skills.
• Knowledge of LAN, WAN, MAN, WLAN and Remote Worker concepts and technologies.
• Two years of troubleshooting experience with LAN, WAN, MAN, and WLAN technologies and associated infrastructure components.
• Juniper LAN and Remote Worker experience and Cisco WAN experience.
• Large enterprise/corporate experience.
• Strong customer service skills.#CBRose#
Send me a reminder to complete this application
Rose International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender (expression or identity), national origin, arrest and conviction records, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Positions located in San Francisco and Los Angeles, California will be administered in accordance with their respective Fair Chance Ordinances.
Rose International has an official agreement (ID #132522), effective June 30, 2008, with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Employment Verification Program (E-Verify).
(Posting required by OCGA 13/10-91.)